Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Response: Conscious Life Expo Information ~Wed Eve~ Peta

January 2, 2007 @9:11 PM
Gracias for your kind response Sister Barbara ~

I would surely like more information about the Conscious Life Expo and will study the magazine more. I would be interested in sharing at the New Living Expo/April/25,26,27 in San Francisco if the timing and logistic are harmonious. That would be Friday, Saturday and Sunday if my calendar is correct.
There are different pathways to the truth in harmony with cosmic consciousness and sometimes different terminology for the same basic ideas and ideals. I cannot subscribe to a general philosophy that ignores known scientici facts nor one that is blind to the connected reality of life upon Mother Earth.

There are still wars and rumors of war. People are starving and dying now who could be saved!
In relation to drug addiction and obsessive-impulsive-compulsivedisorders I believe in what I term progressive recovery which looks at the humane being as a three-dimensional creature with a mind, body and spirit ever in the process of striving for conscious creative balance. The real treatment must be a triad.
Drug addiction masks deeper imbalances going on inside the inner self. I see social conditions as key contributing factors in people seeking a futile escape via synthetic substances and believe that a wholistic cure is possible and to be desired so that people can break free of the chains of all addictions and all forms of fanaticism.
True balance is moving, flowing, growing and learning in the process of life. It cannot be stagnant devoid of creative life juices.
I learn every day from people I work with and about the true nature of people as distinct from what is social conditioning. Where does one start and the other begin? What is nature and what is nurture?
As a world citizen I have social, political and personal ideas about what is going on in the real world today and what we should be doing in rational response to connected reality.

Yet I still need to stretch out with Yoga more and practice my Tai Chi. Love my neighbor, feed the dog and pet the cat!
Many people who work a traditional recovery program have merely replaced a substance addiction with a kind of group addiction and end up strung out on recovery while forgetting the key importance of living as a cured creature of the Creator.
How do we get rid of various manifestations of negativism, such as, racism, sexism, nationalism and egotism? If we are truly all one why is there so much a scattering of souls? How do we raise mass consciousness to a higher level of deep understanding so that we all see that we should be ultimately one here now in the connected reality of social praxis?
I have communicated with Brother Harvey Arden and do appreciate White Buffalo Teachings by Chief Arvol Looking Horse. Check it out if you have not before:
I will continue to do what I do and be what I am and truly believe that sharing is caring, so thank/gracias for sharing with all of us.

Blessings and Prayers!
Peta-de-Aztlan
Sacramento, California (95816-3117)
Cell: 916/968-1023

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Jan 2, 2008 8:57 AM, Barbara at Balanced Life Magazine <barbara@balancedlifemagazine.com> wrote:
Thank you Peter and thank you for the work you do. I work for a non-profit as a counselor for homeless some years back and appreciate what you do. I also have 24 years of recovery, although I no longer attend regular meetings, the steps are the foundation for my life as it is today. The magazine is an expression of my spiritual believes and desire to connect the community and foster the understanding that we are all one. Thanks again.
Barbara Williams

www.BalancedLifeMagazine.com
(916) 965-7751
(916) 966-0544 fax
Also, ask me for information on becoming
a Speaker or Exhibiting at the;
Conscious Life Expo/Feb 8,9,10 in L.A.
New Living Expo/April/25,26,27 in S.F.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 10:35 PM
Subject: Thanks For Your Balanced Life Magazine

Greetings Sister Barbara ~ Just a quick note to wish you a Creative and Joyful and New Year!

First and foremost I am a humane being with a basic humane rights agenda.

I am a Counselor at the Salvation Army Homeless Shelter, work with homeless people to help guide them as they seek safe secure housing and also work with recovering drug addicts as my Christian Ministry with a progressvie Christian recovery group called CASA.

I believe a magazine such as your is needed in the Sacramento area and will help raise to a higher level what I term cosmic consciousness.

Prayers and Blessings ~

Peter S. Lopez ~aka Peta-de-Aztlan

Sacramento, California

Cell: 916/968-1023

Google Email= peta.aztlan@gmail.com

Yahoo Email: sacranative@yahoo.com

http://casa-12steps.blogspot.com/


--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment with conscious love!