Sunday, April 20, 2008

Reply to Shelita: Sunday Late Afternoon: 4-20-2008

Sunday, April 20, 2008 @5:01 PM ~ Hola Shelita!
Ya know you can put a Direct Comment onto my my Blog Journal for me to approve or not as comments are moderated by myself, my long fingers.
One time I had to delete a lot of posts that showed up as Drafts in my blog that had collected. I am not sure how people do that without the actual private Email for the blog but they do. Probably some kind of spam/hack technique. It was nothing direct to me, mainly stupid irrelevant advertisements.

You can Email me back as to whether you want this posted onto the blog or not. Remember the Private in the Subject Line agreement as to whether we share our communications with others or not? Well, you did not have Private in the Subject Line so Email me back. I know at times we share Private stuff just meant to be between you and I Littl' Sis.

I am just glad to be alive, to be able to help raise consciousness and I know there are many people on the Internet who are not well known, yet have a lot to say and share with others. The important thing it for us to be honest with ourselves and share our truth from an individual perspective and pray that others do the same. With all of our collective truths coming out we should arrive at a general understanding of the whole truth about life among the living.

I am going to ride my bike to the CASA Meeting, probably stop at a nearby store to get a few munchies then head on out to the CASA Meeting.

Sometimes I wish I had someone else I could depend on to do the CASA Meeting, but I know that attendance is generally better when I am there.
Plus, CASA is not your usual A.A.-type Meeting. I work the room, walk around the room and strive to draw people out so they will open up and share with us. They generally go well.

I had one brother who was helping but the sucker went an relapsed on us. Chemical dependency is a complex issue for it involves so much more than mere chemicals. It involves people having a weak recovery program, being in a toxic environment and the craving brain.

See my article: On the Tragedy of Chronic Relapse:

I love progressive recovery as a process because it has led me to study into others areas of humane knowledge and progressed me as a thinking
humane being.

Keep your prayers earnest. I really believe that the cosmos can feel our prayers, can feel our heartbeats and can feel our emotions, not just register our thoughts. There is so much still to be learned and I am glad to be alive and learning! Time to go riding to the CASA Meeting!
~
Tu Hermano Peta
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Michelle <shellyi2005@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
Hi Petey,
Just me eating a caramel donut from Krispy Kreme.
Stock was going to get thrown out so son bought a couple home.
MMMMM mmmm Delicous !
No weight loss isnt going great. I'm still cuddly.
Things about the same here at home hubby is lovely mostly but he feels like my brother.
The kids seem to be getting their act together and I can see them flying the coup in the next year or two or three.
I just come back from reading your blog about Spiritual sobriety its funny last night I was thinking I would start this email to you mentioning that you are our Spiritual Warrior.
As you are I would never want to do anything to weaken that.
A friend and a sister I should be a source of stength to you.
It is a pity many do not realise your contribution to the struggle.
I can understand the wind being taken out of sails somewhat about the videos.
You put heart and soul into seeking the folks out and getting their story down.
Let go of the losses and count the gains in experience and learning.
I hope the herbs help.
No I havent got a working scanner and we will only get one portrait that was on a deal the rest are 400 dollars.
I dont care if you less than responsive sometimes I will be here for you with a shoulder and an ear for the rest of your life.
Responsibility and duty keep us from each others side now.
A some what sober and alone path is our crosses to bear.
For a time as you say only for a time.
You know I love an old revolutionary a diamond in the raw with the sweetest heart.
Something tells me you would approve of him
Meanwhile things are as they should be for now indeed we keep each others heart beating my Big Bro.
Alwasy
Shelita


"Peter S. Lopez de-Aztlan" <sacranative@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hola Shelita
~ Yes, the Pope is who he is. I am glad your offspring are doing well. How are you and hubby doing? Are you losing any weight? Is the baby well? Got those pictures yet? Do you have a scanner?

My spirit is kind of down right now. The ups and downs of life hit me too. I think I have a kind of bronchitis but yesterday I bought a couple of herbs that I will be taking and hope they help me.

My job at the Salvation Army goes on, but I now always have to keep on guard against any attacks or deceptions by management. Sometimes there are weird vibes there. The Staff is weak and are mainly concerned about saving their little jobs and do not see the bigger picture.

I guess my wiping out all my YouTube Videos about clients kind of set me back as I spent a long time working on them, getting them, the right times and plus how long it takes to upload them.

I keep my faith, but sometimes loneliness gets to me. This too will pass. You are a blessing in my life. Please understand when I am less than responsive. ~Blessings, Your Big Bro Peta
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: Vigorous Defense of Human Rights Is Urged by Pope in U.N. Address : NY Times
Michelle <shellyi2005@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
His very gently spoken Bro he listen with empathy to the victims of sexual abuse.
I think he generally helps with the healing on Mother Earth.
Luke finally got a job at Crispee Creams donuts place at sydney domestic terminal.
Carol goes well with the new bow.
Went to the local chinese resteraunt had a lovely lunch bro and Sis in law dropped in.
Hope you are keeping well Petey.
shell


"Peter S. Lopez de-Aztlan" <sacranative@yahoo.com>; wrote:

Vigorous Defense of Human Rights Is Urged by Pope in U.N. Address
Published: April 19, 2008

Pope Benedict XVI arrived in New York on Friday, turning his attention beyond the challenges faced by the Roman Catholic Church: He addressed the United Nations, stressing the importance of human rights; offered Passover greetings at an Upper East Side synagogue; and met with other Christian leaders.

Stan Honda/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

Pope Benedict XVI met with United Nations International School music students during his visit.
More Photos »
A Papal  Discussion
Photo
Times reporters and experts discuss Benedict XVI's papacy and his visit to the United States. Go to Blog »
The Pope's U.N. Speech
Interactive Feature
The Pope's Visit   to New York
Slide Show
Related
Manhattan (April 19, 2008)

The Pope's Address to the U.N.:
Text | Video Video
Shannon Stapleton/Reuters

The U.N. General Assembly during the pope's address.
More Photos >
Timothy A. Clary/AFP-Getty Images

Pope Benedict XVI finishing his address at the U.N. General Assembly hall.
More Photos >
Jeff Zelevansky/European Pressphoto Agency

Pope Benedict XVI with Srgjan Kerim, the president of the U.N. General
Assembly, and Secretary General Ban Ki-moon at the U.N. Headquarters in New York.
More Photos >

Daniel Acker/Bloomberg News

Pope Benedict XVI, Cardinal Edward Egan and Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg at Kennedy International Airport.
More Photos >

Touring a city defined by its diversity, the pope shook hands with its former mayor,
Edward I. Koch, and rubbed the fuzz on several babies' heads.
Benedict, a man who has shunned the spotlight for most of his life, was greeted like a rock star.

The pope flew to New York on the Alitalia papal plane, called "Shepherd One," from Washington, where he had largely devoted his efforts to addressing the issue of sexual abuse by priests. On Thursday afternoon, he held a surprise meeting there with five victims from Boston, the city where the scandal unfolded with particular anger and division.

But for the first day since he arrived in America, the pope did not address the scandal on Friday.

After being greeted at Kennedy Airport by Cardinal Edward C. Egan, head of the New York archdiocese, Benedict flew by helicopter directly to the United Nations.

The 81-year-old pope, who was a young German prisoner in the war that forged the United Nations, insisted that human rights — more than force or pragmatic politics — must be the basis for ending war and poverty.

"The promotion of human rights remains the most effective strategy for eliminating inequalities between countries and social groups, and for increasing security," Benedict told the United Nations
General Assembly.

"Indeed, the victims of hardship and despair, whose human dignity is violated with impunity, become easy prey to the call to violence, and they can then become violators of peace," he said.

He made no explicit reference to a nation or conflict in particular, and he laid no specific blame in the half-hour speech, which was densely packed with philosophy and theology. But he did mention briefly some specific priorities for the Vatican, like protecting the environment, and making sure that poor nations, especially in Africa, also reap the benefits of globalization.

And in a passage that will have particular resonance for the current United Nations leadership, which is trying to establish the right of the outside world to intervene in situations where nations fail to shield their own citizens from atrocities, the pope said that "every state has the primary duty to protect its own population from grave and sustained violations of human rights."

The concept, known as "responsibility to protect," is one that
Ban Ki-moon, the secretary general, has backed as a way for international institutions to take action in regions like Darfur.

"If states are unable to guarantee such protection," the pope said, "the international community must intervene with the juridical means provided in the United Nations charter and in other international instruments." In an apparent allusion to countries that claim such international actions constitute intervention in their national affairs, he said they "should never be interpreted as an unwarranted imposition or a limitation of sovereignty."

He added, "On the contrary, it is indifference or failure to intervene that do the real damage."

In his speech, Benedict touched on themes important both to his three-year-old papacy and his decades of writing as a cardinal and one of the church's leading intellectuals.

At base, the pope presented the idea that there are universal values that transcend the diversity — cultural, ethnic or ideological — embodied in an institution like the United Nations, founded to help prevent the ruin of another world war. Those values are at the base of human rights, he said, as they are for religion. Thus religion, he said, cannot be shut out of a body like the United Nations, which he said aims at "a social order respectful of the dignity and rights of the person."

"A vision of life firmly anchored in the religious dimension can help achieve this," he said. "Recognition of the transcendent value of every man and woman favors conversion of heart, which then leads to a commitment to resist violence, terrorism, war and to promote justice and peace.

Benedict was introduced to the thronged General Assembly hall by Mr. Ban, who called the United Nations a secular institution but is "home to all men and women of faith around the world."

The speech to the General Assembly is a papal tradition: Pope Paul VI made an appearance in 1965, and
Pope John Paul II in 1979 and 1995.

On Friday afternoon, Benedict met with local Jewish clergy at the
Park East Synagogue, an Orthodox congregation on the Upper East Side founded in 1890. It was the first papal visit to a synagogue in this country; only two other visits have ever been recorded, both in Europe.

Rabbi Arthur Schneier, a Holocaust survivor who has led the synagogue since 1962, greeted Benedict and told him that his visit was "a reaffirmation of your outreach, good will, and commitment to enhancing Jewish-Catholic relations." He presented Benedict with a silver Seder plate and a box of matzo, just in time for Passover, which begins on Saturday evening.

"The Jewish community make a valuable contribution to the life of the city," the pope told the Jewish leaders, "and I encourage all of you to continue building bridges of friendship with all the many different ethnic and religious groups present in your neighborhood."

The pope then posed for photographs with several prominent Jewish New Yorkers, including Mr. Koch, the former mayor. Later in the evening, the pope met with the ministers of various denominations, including the Rev. Bernice King, daughter of the Rev. Dr.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Ms. King declined to say what they discussed, saying only, "He blessed me."


+++++++++++++++++++++
Comment: We should strive to respect all peoples, historical figures and personalities, even if we may disagree with them on minor issues and have even major differences. I was raised a Roman Catholic, but am no longer a devout Christian as defined by the Roman Catholic Church, though, I am and will always be a devout spiritual humane being who accepts the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Savior!

Come Together and Create!
Peter S. Lopez ~aka:Peta
Sacramento, California, Aztlan
Email: sacranative@yahoo.com

C/S


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment with conscious love!