Sunday, January 04, 2009

Read: [Sane-and-Sober] Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Sunday Morning, January 4, 2008 ~Hola Roberto and All Whose Eyes Read These Lines! Well I have been up and writing since 5 AM. Yes, it is usually a life crisis that first gets us involved in the recovery process and our progress in our recovery keeps us going. It is good when we are able to open our hearts and minds in order to share with others. Sharing is caring! Yes, many times we are as sick as our hidden secrets!

Of course, there is the old rule of no entangling relationships in early recovery, but at times, being dope fiends in recovery, we just take our chances. Sometimes if we rush matters it could ruin what could be a long-term loving intimate relationship. We must not let our hormones or our loneliness for the company of someone of the opposite sex sway us away from our progressive recovery and spiritual growth, but it often happens.

Many times in our relationships we haul in the garbage from past relationships, we want the new love to fit into our personal templates instead of accepting them as they are with warts and all. We need to keep in mind that if we are single right now, then right there is shows that all of our previous relationships have failed. We are batting a zero! We are not the experts! We are not the learned advisors! Some of us cannot even name our own body parts, then we get entangled with the body parts of someone else!

We have our usual CASA Meeting at Sally's this evening. We took a blow from the New Year's Eve celebrations in terms of homeless clients who did not make it back alive. At least it will give us free blood on Monday!

Sometimes in our early recovery we have to try it, fail, try it again, fail again and keep on trying until we make it! No one claimed it would be easy, but sometimes we make it harder and more complex that it really should be. There are more important things going on in the real world of connected reality that whether any one addict is staying clean or not! Who gives a shit? People are dying in Gaza! Does that matter to any dope fiend?!?!?!?

We share the basic principles, basic textbooks and basic understandings then leave people alone to pursue their own recovery process or their own folly. I myself want to live out my life SANE AND SOBER! My 'clean date' now is June 24, 2004 but I still take it and life in general one day at a time. There are bigger beasts to slay!
I assume that someday I will swallow a drop of alcohol again, but there is a big difference between getting a buzz off booze and shooting up dope or smoking a crack pipe! At least to me there is and need I rush to remind you I am involved first of all in my own continued recovery, I am first of all responsible and accountable to myself and my Creator, not yours or anybody else in their recovery or their addiction.

Just take it one day at a time! Keep it simple! If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Education for Liberation!

Peter S. Lopez aka: Peta

Email: peter.lopez51@yahoo.com

Key Link: http://www.NetworkAztlan.com

Bcc: Maidu Healer, Dr. Lin (my online sponsor)



From: robertslopez14 <robertslopez14@yahoo.com>
To: Sane-and-Sober@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, January 4, 2009 6:46:11 AM
Subject: [Sane-and-Sober] Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Later is now. --Roseanne Barr Newcomer I guess I do have some addiction problems, but right now is a terrible time for me. I know you'd like me to be more involved, use the program more, but I need time - there's something else I have to deal with first. I've tried talking about it at meetings, but no one really has much understanding of my particular problem. Sponsor I do respect the fact that there are pressing problems in your life and that you are going to have to face them. Addiction is, in one sense, a response to underlying issues we all have to deal with. And in addition to our inner problems, many of us enter recovery in the midst of some crisis - serious illness, separation, overdue taxes, even homelessness - are situations some of us have had to face while newly recovering. I agree that your problems are real ones. But putting off recovery is not likely to help you with them. It may make things worse. While I may not be able to help with the specifics of your situation, I can be here to share my experience, strength, and hope as a person in recovery. Recovery is the foundation of my life today. I make it my highest priority, and as time goes on I find the help and strength I need to resolve everything else I have to deal with. If you, too, have the willingness to face your addiction and show up for your recovery, I'm willing to be here. Today, I will let go of all obstacles to recovery. Goodmorning family: I'm just checking in with you all to let you now that for today, I am sane & sober. With gods will I will have 30 days,January 8th 2009. We had one of our first in-house meetings here at my place (Tata's). We had 9 people show up that wanted to be there. I invited this lady I meet at a NSG NA meeting. Though our friendship is in an infant stage, we both have recovery, and growing with the Lord our main objective. Last night we shared a little bit of intimacy with a small, clumsy kiss. Not knowing how to kiss eachother that first or second time. She is gonna talk to her sponsor about us. I may do the same. Maybe take a break before we get started. She walked to the Alano Club for their NA North Sac Group meeting and took the position of Secretary at the 8:00pm meeting on Saturdays. I am very proud of her and with others around me as I am now establishing bonds with others. Take Care Your Brother, "Tata" Community Coordinator RE-RO Sober Living Ministry RE-ROsoberlivingmin istry.org

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Group Charity

Stop Cyberbullying

Keep your kids

safe from bullying

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment with conscious love!