Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Late Morning! =Peta

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Remember I moderate groups and have communictions with many
people online and off line out in the community. I do not often make
time for just one-on-one Emails. In fact, I can blog to my Online
Journal in draft form when I post this Email. There is a method to
madness. Then later I have stuff to extract for future writings.
Remember I am a creative writer!

I love my job on a good day and am gaining a knowledge of real human
nature that one could never get in a college classroom. I am in the real
stuff of what life is about, in all its beauty, ugliness and in between. I am
truly blessed just to be able to help. It takes a certain humane character
and I am challenged every day to become more and more humane to others.

We have a big day coming up! You are in the Sacramento area, aren't you?!?

Click here> http://www.sacloaves.org/

When we get someone to stop indulging in suicidal behavior. when we see
a new creature proudly holding up the keys to their new home-sanctuary,
when we see the satisfaction of seeing hungry people eating, when we see
the joy of people learning about who they are and experiencing brand new
revelations ~ it is all worth it!

I just feel sorry for the many who exist in such purposeless shallow and vain
lives without joy....

Let's Come Together and Create!

Peter S. Lopez aka: Peta
Email: sacranative@yahoo.com
Sacramento, California, Aztlan
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>



From: Margie Fincham <mfincham@att.net>
To: Peta-de-Aztlan <sacranative@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 11:13:23 PM
Subject: Re: young perspectives ~ Thanks Margie! =Peta

What is a VOA?  You sound about as tired as I am.  I have to keep correcting my spelling--yes, I'm compulsive a lot.
I honestly feel very sad for you who have to work with the homeless or near homeless as there are so few alternatives except ultimate faith that there is an answer out there somewhere for each individual.  I guess the only thing I can say to you, Peta, is Keep the Faith.
 
Solo el amor prevalece,
 
Margie Fincham, RN, MSN, GCNS
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: young perspectives ~ Thanks Margie! =Peta

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Chilldren have such fresh literal minds.
Thanks for sharing...

Our Salvation Army Shelter will be helping with the management of a
VOA once for a few months.. so our intekd will expand by about sixty or more.

We now have about 140 people... the homeless shelter and the threats of
their being closed down has been a grew concern for many of us who work
in this field.

Peter S. Lopez aka: Peta
Email: sacranative@yahoo.com
Sacramento, California, Aztlan
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>



From: Margie Fincham <mfincham@att.net>
To: Greg Wilker <jersey@well.com>; Aaron Wilker <apwilker@wecare.net>; Rivka Bent <hausbent@cox.net>; Leah Smith <brewstersmith@sbcglobal.net>; Peta-de-Aztlan <sacranative@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 8:36:12 PM
Subject: Fw: young perspectives

Hola All,
 
I thought these were too good to keep to myself.  I am still laughing at a couple statements.
 
Solo el amor prevalece,
 
Margie Fincham, RN, MSN, GCNS

Grandparents:

1. She was in the bathroom, putting on  her
makeup, under the watchful eyes of her young
granddaughter, as she'd done many times
before. After she applied her lipstick and
started to leave,
the little one said,  "But Gramma, you
forgot to kiss the toilet paper
good-bye!"   I will probably
never put lipstick on again without
thinking about kissing the toilet paper
good-bye



2.
My young grandson called the other  day to wish me
Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and  I
told him, 62.   My grandson was quiet for a moment,
and  then he asked,
"Did you start at 1?"

3.
After putting her grandchildren to bed, a
grandmother changed into old slacks and
a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her
hair. As she heard the children getting more
and more rambunctious, her patience
grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around
her head and  stormed into their room,  putting
them back to bed with stern warnings. As she
left the room, she heard the three-year-old
say  with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"

4.
A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter
what her own childhood was like: "We used to skate
outside on a pond I had a swing made from a tire;
it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode
our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods."  

The little  girl was wide-eyed,  taking this all in.
At last she said, "I  sure wish I'd gotten to know you
sooner!"

5.
My grandson was visiting one day when  he asked,  
"Grandma, do you know how you and God are
alike?" I mentally polished my halo and I said, "No,
how are we alike?"' "You're both old," he replied.

6.
A little girl was diligently pounding away on her
grandfather's word processor. She told
him she was writing a story. "What's it about?"
he asked. "I don't know," she replied. "I
can't read."

7.
I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned
her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I
would point out something and ask what
color it was. She would tell me and was always
correct. It was fun for me,  so I continued.  

At last, she headed for the door, saying,
"Grandma, I think  you should try to figure
out some of  these, yourself!"

8.
When my grandson Billy and I entered our
vacation cabin,  we kept the lights off until
we were inside to keep from attracting
pesky insects. Still, a few fireflies followed

us in. Noticing them before I did, Billy  
whispered, "It's no use Grandpa. Now the

mosquitoes are coming after us with
flashlights."

9.
When my grandson asked me how old I was, I
teasingly  replied, "I'm not sure."
"Look in your underwear, Grandpa,"
he advised, "mine says I'm 4 to 6."  


10. A
second grader came home
from school and said to her grandmother,
"Grandma, guess what? We
learned how to  make babies today." The
grandmother, more than a
little surprised, tried to keep her
cool.  "That's interesting,"
she said, "how do you make
babies?"    "It's simple," replied the
girl. "You  just change 'y' to 'i' and
add 'es'."

11.
Children's Logic: "Give me a sentence about
a public servant," said a teacher. The
small boy wrote:   "The fireman came
down the ladder  pregnant." The teacher took
the lad aside to correct  him. "Don't  you know
what pregnant means?" she asked.  Sure,"
said the young boy confidently.   'It means
carrying a child."

12.
A grandfather was delivering his grandchildren
to their home one day when a fire truck
zoomed past.  Sitting in the front seat of the
fire truck was a Dalmatian dog.  The children
started discussing the  dog's duties.  "They use
him to keep crowds back," said  one child.
"No," said another. "He's just for good  luck."  
A third child brought the argument to a
close. "They use the dogs," she said firmly, "to
find the  fire hydrants."

13.
A 6-year-old was asked where his  grandma
lived.  "Oh," he said, "she lives at the
airport  , and when we want her, we just go

get her. Then, when  we're done having
her  visit, we take her back to the airport."

14.
Grandpa is the smartest man on  earth! He teaches
me good  good things, but I don't get to see him  

enough to get as smart  as him!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment with conscious love!