Friday, February 24, 2006

02-24-06= Sober Reocvery Stepping Stone!


Today I have One Year and Eight Months of Sober Recovery and am still moving forward one day at a time.

Thus, today is a stepping stone day for me as I continue to carry on one step at a time in this war of life.

I am trying to get into the morning habit of writng in this Journal on certain days, when the spirit moves me to do so. Plus, I am conscious of checking my OCD, ADD tendencies. Sometimes I waste a lot of time, go into too much detail about stuff and get distracted by other tasks that are not really important.

Last night I had a great evening! I went over Hermano Mario's place on Castro Way and he had a small get together there, especially because Sister Marilyn was in Sacra.

Mario works with the Zapatista Solidarity Coalition and he is a truly dedicated brother who is in 'this thing of ours. for the duration.

I really wanted to meet Sister Marilyn and see her 'live and in living color'. She is a helper, a lovely wise lady and a true humane being. She is a kind of webmaster for the Oct. 29th List. It was good to meet her 'in the flesh' after first contact via the Internet. She made me think more about the positive aspects of 'lust' during a discussion a group of us had. I realize that I can sometimes be a bit prudish, especially because I know what damage lustful thinking can bring into our lives in terms of treating humans like a piece of meat and getting involved in abusive and destructive relationships. I know words have different meanings. Mario even pulled up his big dictionary to define 'lust'. So I know lust can be a healthy expression of our animalistic nature. Yet the climax of lust usually only lasts for several seconds while the climax of pure love can be a prolonged natural high. And who does not want a long climax?

Main Entry: 1lust Pronunciation: 'l&st
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German lust pleasure and perhaps to Latin lascivus wanton
1 obsolete a : PLEASURE, DELIGHT b : personal inclination : WISH
2 : usually intense or unbridled sexual desire : LASCIVIOUSNESS
3 a : an intense longing : CRAVING b : ENTHUSIASM, EAGERNESS

In early recovery involved relationships are discouraged for at least a year because so many of us have gotten into trouble in our relationships and wrong unhealthy relationships can result in a relapse back into our old harmful addiction. Plus, the lust for sex can itself be an addiction. AIDS is always spreading. One must be careful of sexually transmitted diseases and not just hop into bed without really knowing the hygiene or state of being of whom they are hopping into bed with or falling into the hay!

Better to love and be loved. Lust will always be a part of a fulfilling loving relationship between a man and woman in a healthy symbiosis.

Main Entry: sym·bi·o·sis
Pronunciation: "sim-bE-'O-s&s, -"bI-
Function: nounInflected Form(s): plural sym·bi·o·ses /-"sEz/
Etymology: New Latin, from German Symbiose, from Greek symbiOsis state of living together, from symbioun to live together, from symbios living together, from syn- + bios life -- more at QUICK
1 : the living together in more or less intimate association or close union of two dissimilar organisms
2 : the intimate living together of two dissimilar organisms in a mutually beneficial relationship; especially : MUTUALISM
3 : a cooperative relationship (as between two persons or groups) - sym·bi·ot·ic /-'ä-tik/ adjective- sym·bi·ot·i·cal·ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We took a few pixs and Brother Mario is suppose to send me copys.
+++++
This afternnon I am going to have my first CASA Workshop at the Christian Science Reading Room Downtown.

Links: http://www.sacrr.org/

In fact, I better start getting ready to go to it. I will keep holding them and believe it will grow as people begin to take their lives seriously, including their continued recovery.

"I believe that people are good if you give them half a chance and that good is more powerful than evil. The world seems to me excruciatingly, almost painfully beautiful at times, and the goodness and kindness of people often exceed that which even I expect." ~ Lois Burhnam Wilson

Love Creator God, Stay Straight and Help Others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment with conscious love!