Thursday, December 06, 2007

12-06-07; All Tribes Meeting!

Thursday, December 6, 2007 @9:49 PM

Today was a pretty good day. As usual at Sally's we had some victories and some losses. Hopefully we will place one of our elderly clients, Henry D., into a good expensive decent home for him that he can easily afford that will take care of him well.

My Brother Tata came by at work and it was good to see him. It is always good to see him when he is sober. He is a smart cat, knows how to be with people and has much to offer, but he just needs to keep with his personal revovery program and find out more what self-esteem in his continued recovery can bring him. I love him so and really want him to be happy in his life and have all the best that life has to offer us. He has had a hard life and has survived a lot of living. I believe the best is yet to come for him because he has a good loving heart and is open to on continued spiritual growth.

Later on Tata and I made it to the All Tribes A.A. Meeting at the Sacramento Urban Indian Health Center. It is an hour and a half meeting. A Brother Ron chaired the meeting and the topic was gratitude. Counsin Mark showed up and G.I. Joe was there, plus, a few other folks I knew. It was a potluck night as usual for the first Thursday of the month. I want to make some chili beans for the next one next month in January of 2008.

I will work on a formal gratitude list, but I believe that more important than a list is us having an attitude of gratitude. I have much to be grateful for in many ways and in different areas. I am blessed to have some precious people in my life who sincerely care about me, blessed to be in a good home where I can focus on my creating writing and blessed to have a good decent job where I can help people in valuable ways.

I have been getting use to going to sleep early. So I will prepare for bed, say a short prayer and drift into sleep. Tomorrow is a brand new day and I will be grateful to take up without a hangover and without a hangup!

<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>
  • +Peta-de-Aztlan+ An Open Journal=
    http://peta-de-aztlan.blogspot.com/

  • Humane-Rights-Agenda Blog
    http://humane-rights-agenda.blogspot.com/
    <>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please Comment with conscious love!