Monday, May 05, 2008

Checking In: Cinco De Mayo de 2008

The image “http://farm1.static.flickr.com/211/485919400_912386e309.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

All-in-all I had a great day for this Cinco de Mayo. I woke up, did my morning prayers, meditated and stretched out for a bit, then Primo Marcos made our weekly fix. Our weekly 'fix' is him making chorizo con webos y tortillias. This has become kind of weekly ritual for us. Ummm!

I just kind of relaxed most of the morning and early afternoon today Then, I got the energy up to take a shower, put on my cuts off and walked to the local bus stop and caught the #34 on F Street going east. I went to Office Depot, checked out their digital cameras and prices. Afterwards, I eyed the Obama Sacramento Headquarters. I had been looking for it and found it right in the middle of the small mall area. I bought a Si Se Puede Obama button for $3.00 and talked to a couple of staff members. I told them about my interest in doing Voter Registration at a few government housing projects in the central city area, poor oppressed areas, for the Obama Campaign for President and for voter education purposes in general.

Then I got the Light-Rail out to Wal-Mart. After some looking around I bought a Kodak M1033 digital camera.

Toro, my good friend-brother and sponsee, called me and reminded me that today he had his sobriety birthday of three-years! Later I got to the Chacon Casa, gave him a hug and congratulated him. He is first my friend, not only a sponsee. We both knew each other before in our dark drunken days.

We went into my room and rapped for a bit, then, I grabbed my guitar, we went by the store for a couple of cans of Rockstar and headed out to Miller's Park by the Sacramento River. I played a little guitar, am really rusty and plan to play it more often as times goes by. It is different playing sober as I was usually drinking booze or flat out drunk when I use to play and sing before. It will be a good form of therapy for me, musical therapy.

We had a good dialogue about stuff that got rather wide-ranging about our friendship, our relationship and stuff about our mutual recovery.

We discussed people that have caused us pain and disappointment in our lives, we will make a list, then, hope to return to the spot by the river where we will share our lists, then, with a ceremony we will throw rocks into the river with a shout and symbolically throw those pains away into the river. It sounds like a plan.

Afterwards, we ended up going to to Las Jarritos (Little Cups or Jars), a Mexican restaurant with decent prices. We both had colorado verde or something like that. Toro is fluent in Spanish in a way that I wish I was close to being, but that is one of my life goals, to be relatively fluent in Espanol.

He dropped me off by the Casa. It was good memorable time. At first I was not into even going because I selfishly wanted to stay home and work on setting up my new camera. Actually it is not completely selfish as I plan to use my new Kodak digital camera to share with others.

Mark and Toro are suppose to go pick up a supply of dog food sometime this week. So Toro and Mark made arrangements about that. I am inside and checked out my new camera, plan to study it well and check out its features then I will be able to share photos and video clips with others soon.

Yesterday, Sunday, I shared my latest article at the CASA 12-Steps Meeting called On Spiritual Sobriety in Recovery. Here is the Link on my Progressive Recovery Today! blog:

http://prorecovery.blogspot.com/2008/05/on-spiritual-sobriety-in-recovery-by.html

On CNN News it is being reported that in Myanmar more than 15,000 people have been killed. It was kind of surprising when First Lady Bush made a political statement of support for the news to help the people there earlier today. Progressive yet still suspicious to me. I have grown more cynical in the last several years in terms of questioning the motives of some people.

I go into work at the Salvation Army Emergency Shelter late tomorrow at 11 AM. I also have my Housing Workshop at 6 PM and will not be our of there until after 7 PM. I want to take advantage of my medical benefits while I ahve them, then plan to do some job searching for a better paying position.

The management and I, namely the Dictator Elizabeth H., do not see eye to eye on how to operate the shelter and help the clients. I still have a deep resentment over her threatening to fire me if I did not delete all the success videos I had on YouTube because of one video clip that was critical of a suspected racist P.O. who was out to have a former client of mine violated and sent to prison for five years. So far, my former client is doing well at the Salvation Army Adult Rehab Center and his P.O. may be under investigation by Internal Affairs.

I believe that my humane right to freedom of speech and expression was violated by her having me delete my videos from YouTube under the threat of being fired. I would rather hold onto my principles than hold onto a job, but I am being patient and practical for now. We will see what we will see.

So it has been a good day and I hope tomorrow is another good day if not even a better day!

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/24088.jpg
<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>
  • +Peta-de-Aztlan+ An Open Journal=
    http://peta-de-aztlan.blogspot.com/

  • Humane-Rights-Agenda Blog
    http://humane-rights-agenda.blogspot.com/
    <>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>+<>
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please Comment with conscious love!