Wednesday, September 01, 2010

September 1, 2010 - Wed ~ Big Change

3-04-09

2:49 PM ~ Today has been an interesting day already. Major Mark Sparks called me into the Office of Director of Salvation Army Elizabeth Hudson today. I felt something was up. Anyway, I have been Laid Off as an Employee, not terminated as I thought would be my ending as an employee there, but Laid Off. 

I got a FINAL CHECK for $2,828.76 ~ which includes my Vacation Hours. From what Hudson said the whole shelter will be cutting back from its shelter services, which I knew, with an emphasis on sheltering homeless people who are in medical need. I have long disagreed with the way that shelter management works and handles homeless people. Now I will be able to express myself without worrying about any repercussions because of my utilization of social media, such as, YouTube, Twitter and other platforms.

5:36 PM ~ Now I will have a good chance to kind of review where my life is at and to test the challenge of now being unemployed at the age of 58 Earth years. I still do not have any kind of college degree, but I do have years of personal experience, especially in the area of counseling, conducting workshops and doing creative writing. Actually right now I am in no big rush, have enough to kick back for a bit because of my severance check but do not want to get too comfortable. I know I must pay rent, utilities, food and take care of my basic survival needs. I am still have medical coverage for this month so I will take advantage of that as I can. 

I just took a nap, am kind of wondering what will become of me in this long, long journey of my life with all its twists and turns. I know I will follow the path with heart, continue to work on my creative writing and leave myself open to bounce in any direction that can best help others.

@8:55 PM ~ I am feeling a sense of liberation now, from having to be careful about what I type on the Internet in order not to get any static from local Salvation Army Management. As Director Elizabeth says, "It's business." However I believe that when we are dealing with people's lives in such a direct, practical and survival-dependent way that it is a lot more than just a business, esp. a business that puts profits or the survival of the 'business' before the true needs of the people, including their spiritual needs.


I am glad that over the years I know my employment there has been a positive benefit for many, for many of the homeless people who have gone into the Salvation Army 'Center of Hope' without any hope, then, by working their program they have acquired a new hope in life, a new hope in themselves and their potential. So I feel good and know that I have done well, fought the good fight there and have had a positive influence in the lives of hundreds of people.

My tour of duty is over there for now, at least as an employee. I have been allowed to continue doing my CASA 12-Steps Meetings ~my Christian Ministry~ which I will do on Sundays at 7 PM. As always, I will focus on the people, on the needs of the people and now I am into a new stage in my life. More will be revealed.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Link: http://peta-de-aztlan.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment with conscious love!